Sunday 3 February 2008

Nigella eats Humble Pie


Nigella Lawson has denied that she intended to leave her children out of her will to understand the value of money.

In an interview with My Weekly magazine, the TV chef said:


"I am determined that my children should have no financial security. It ruins people not having to earn money.

"I argue with my husband Charles, because he believes that you should be able to leave money to your children. I think we'll have to agree to disagree."

However, Lawson published a statement on her website retracting the comments denying that she was cruel and suggested that her interview had embarrassed her daughter Cosima, 13 and 11 year old son Bruno.

She wrote:

‘You might have noticed in the press that I have (apparently) cut my children out of my will, cruel mother that I am.

‘I have never discussed the details of my will with anyone. The story that has been circulating is not a true reflection of my intentions.’

The star claims that the article was taken out of context from a comment made on working hard and learning the value of money by doing so.

Lawson and art collector husband, Charles Saatchi are reported to share a fortune of £110m and her mother, Vanessa Salmon, was heiress to the Lyons Corner House empire.

Having money didn’t stop the celebrity chef. She left Oxford University to work her way through Fleet Street to become senior editor at The Sunday Times, at just 26 years old, before becoming a food writer and TV presenter.

Read the full statement at:
http://www.nigella.com/news/detail.asp?article=3661&area=2

No comments: